AHIMA Fellows Graduate Scholarship Fund
Giving back to the profession
The AHIMA Fellows Graduate Scholarship was established by the 2013 AHIMA Fellowship Committee as a way in which Fellows, as the recognized leaders of AHIMA, can give back to the profession. The committee voted to establish a graduate-level scholarship to assist members in obtaining an advanced degree, a requirement for fellowship eligibility.
The Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- Five (5) years continuous membership in AHIMA at the time of application,
- Two (2) years of local, state, national, or international health information management volunteer activities,
- Verified enrollment in a graduate program at an accredited university, and
- An essay explaining how the applicant's professional development and graduate work will promote the health information management profession.
- Establish an endowed scholarship fund with a principal of $40,000,
- Supported by the AHIMA Fellows and members wishing to honor the work of past and current Fellows.
How to Donate:
Donors can make a gift or pledge in the following ways:
Online by Credit Card: Use our online donation for
- Choose "Other" from the designation drop down menu and type in "Fellows Scholarship" in the other designation field.
- On following screen, enter your donation amount and credit card information
- Check the box to make the gift to the Fellows Scholarship in honor or in memory of an individual or organization. To do so:
- Check the box to indicate that this contribution is being made in honor or memory of an individual/organization
- Enter the name of the individual/organization being recognized on the following screen
By Check: send to AHIMA Foundation, 25351 Network Place, Chicago, IL 60673-1253
By Phone: Contact the Foundation at (312) 233-1131 or email: email@example.com and we will set up an appointment to process your donation.
Please join us in honoring the AHIMA Fellows and their contribution to AHIMA and the profession.