Leadership Institute - Overview
The AHIMA Foundation is creating a Workforce and Leadership Institute, to foster the development of leadership within the health information profession, healthcare sector, and the national workforce at large. The Institute will provide education and research to advance leadership within the health information profession able to lead in the workforce, the local community, and at the national level. The Foundation's Leadership Institute will include three (3) tracks: Leadership, Research, and Apprenticeship.
Become a leader apprentice - cohort participants will have numerous opportunities to interact with other industry executives; private sector, federal, and healthcare agency leaders; national, state, and local officials; international and local labor leaders; and communications, media, workforce development, diversity, and leadership experts.
Themes and Topics Include:
- Individual and Organizational Leadership: Creating a personal definition of leadership, identifying personal strengths, establishing a personal leadership vision and purpose for leading, determining how personal vision and purpose align with the needs of the organization, identifying skills to develop or enhance to achieve personal leadership objectives.
- Achieving Success: Exploring the concepts of innovation and entrepreneurship, and managing change
- Collaboration & Partnerships: Leveraging networks, creating and maintaining partnerships, and working collaboratively towards shared goals across departmental and organizational boundaries, including community groups and the public
- Business Acumen: see the "big picture" of the organization - how the key drivers of the business relate to each other, work together to produce profitable growth, and relate to the job, understanding important company communications and data, including financial statement, using knowledge to make good decisions, understanding how actions and decisions impact key company measures and leadership objectives, and effectively communicate ideas to other employees, managers, executives and the public.
- July 2017 - Cohort Launch and Face-to-Face (Chicago, IL)
- October 2017 - Innovation and Entrepreneurship Face-to-Face, Babson University (Boston, MA)
- April 2018- Collaboration and Partnerships Face-to-Face, NCHL (Chicago, IL) and Presentation of Capstone project and graduation.
- Additional Face-to-Face meeting to be scheduled
- Online meetings and teleconference calls scheduled throughout the year
Learn more about the Leadership Institute: