Leadership Institute Eligibility
The Institute will develop the next generation of leaders who can assume leadership in health and the healthcare industry and within governance; who can represent and promote health information and associated professionals in the industry; and who can advance the health and healthcare industry and professionals.
ELIGIBILITY: LEADERSHIP CLASS OF 2017
Candidates should demonstrate the potential to be part of a healthcare executive team, the "c-suite", and other senior leadership positions across the healthcare ecosystem (including but not limited to healthcare providers and/or plans, retail, food services, transportation, government, etc.)
Cohort Participant Profile
- Candidate needs to be proven, experienced managers who can assume leadership in health and healthcare industry;
- Candidate should hold a position where s/he can speak with confidence to the goals, priorities, and major issues of the organization;
- Candidate must have the support of his/her current employer(s), which includes relieving the participants of work responsibilities to attend monthly sessions, participate in four (4) face-to-face workshops, and the opportunity to apply new skills in the workplace;
- Preferred candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree or higher in a healthcare related discipline; although those with an associate's degree, bachelor's degree in another field and/or relevant job experience in alternate fields will be considered.
- ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER ORGANIZATION - to ensure a strong inter-professional cohort of diverse individuals, only one applicant per organization will be submitted per training.
Program Expectations and Requirements:
To be eligible for graduation, each cohort member must actively contribute and participate in the following activities:
- Monthly Mentoring
- Monthly workgroup sessions
- Conference calls online meeting and collaboration
- Assigned projects with fellow cohort members
- Four 2-day face-to-face workshops
- All cohort participants are expected to contribute to the capstone project. This will entail working as a group to develop solutions for identified challenges in the field of healthcare.
The tuition fee for the Leadership Institute is $5,000. Tuition fees are waived for individuals participating in the Leadership Institute through the AHIMA Foundation Registered Apprenticeship Program.
The tuition fee includes:
- Workshop books, case studies, and institute materials throughout the training
Cohort participants in the program are responsible for:
- Travel costs to and from the four (4) Leadership Institute face-to-face workshops
- Hotel expenses, meals, and related miscellaneous expenses
The following is provided to help participants and/or their organization plan for logistical costs associated with the Leadership sessions and related events:
- Two (2) hotel nights per two-day workshop
- Two (2) days of related meals per two-day workshop
- Round trip travel
- Miscellaneous expenses
Learn more about the Leadership Institute: