Celebrating the Foundation's 50th Anniversary
This year, the AHIMA Foundation celebrates its 50th anniversary, and to help mark the occasion, we're launching the Fifty for the 50th Challenge. Throughout the year, the Foundation and donors will be challenging each other to donate around the them of fifty.
The Foundation kicked off the Fifty for the 50th Challenge with a challenge to rally 50 employees of AHIMA, CAHIIM and the Foundation to donate to the Health Information Relief Operation (HIRO) Fund, an ongoing disaster recovery fund to assist HIM professionals whose lives and communities have been shattered by natural or man-made events. By the second day of the challenge, 57 staff members had donated over $1000 to this important cause that directly helps our members. The Foundation is proud to be part of a community of colleagues who see the value in giving back.
The Foundation launched the first member Fifty for the 50th Challenge, thanks to the generous donation of $1,500 to the HIRO fund from Precise Coding Services, Inc. The Foundation sought at least 30 members to match this $1,500 gift with a donation of $50 or more to the HIRO fund.
There are several ways you can contribute to the Foundation's 50th Anniversary and help to make the Foundation's anniversary golden:
- Become a challenge donor and challenge members to match your donation.
- Add an additional $50 or multiple of $50 ($100, $150, $200, etc.) to your annual donation.
- Make a $50 donation to the Foundation when you renew your membership.
- Encourage your CSA leaders to develop its own Fifty for the 50th Challenge.
- Challenge your colleagues to collect donations in 50 working hours.
- Participate in our next Fifty for the 50th Challenge
To participate in the next Fifty for the 50th Challenge contact Mary Taylor-Blasi by e-mail or phone at 312-233-1585