With the generous support of our donors, the AHIMA Foundation:
- Helps current and inspiring health information professionals access tools to navigate career opportunities
- Provides unemployed and underemployed professionals with training to remain marketable within a rapidly-evolving health information field
- Explores research to discover innovative methodologies related to health information management in order to improve public healthcare outcomes and access to care
- Empowers HIM students with continuous learning opportunities to prepare them for leadership roles in current and emerging health information fields
Founded in 1962 and established as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in 1997, the AHIMA Foundation is dedicated to an awareness of the needs of public health, recognizing that health information is human information. The AHIMA Foundation provides information to guide personal health decisions, research to develop healthcare system policies and continuous training to equip inspiring and current health information professionals.
"I am so grateful. This money will help me pay for textbooks for the upcoming semesters."
- Alyssa Dugan, AHIMA Foundation Merit Scholarship
"I have accepted a full-time position at Michigan Health Information Network as an Operations Analyst."
- Maegen Myers, AHIMA Foundation Merit Scholarship
"Your generous support is of great help as I pursue my dream of returning to school to attain my first college degree."
- laine Ahmed, AHIMA Foundation Merit Scholarship
"The apprenticeship program proved to be a great employee development opportunity for both the employees/apprentices and the managers/mentors."
- Shalina Richie, RHIA, HIM Coordinator & Privacy Officer
"I am a first-generation college student and I am incredibly grateful to be receiving this scholarship."
- Allie Marttila, AHIMA Foundation Merit Scholarship
"I plan on pursuing a Masters Degree in Health Administration. This award will help me continue to succeed in my career in HIM."
- Alyssa E. Spiteri, AHIMA Foundation Merit Scholarship
"It is my promise that I will continue to learn and gain knowledge to aid me in being a great HIM professional."
- Mariah Hilton, AHIMA Foundation Merit Scholarship
Provide Greater Financial Security
Health data is a vital element of health care, including efforts to curb the pandemic.
By doing their jobs effectively, health Information professionals, enable providers more time to focus on patient care. Health Information professionals are making a tremendous difference as our world tries to curb COVID-19.