The AHIMA Foundation offers four levels of merit scholarships:
Eligibility & Requirements
- Current member of the American Health Information Management Association
- Actively enrolled in a minimum of six (6) credit hours towards pursuing a degree
- Completed 24 credit hours towards a degree (for graduate degree applicants, this can include undergraduate credit hours)
- Have at least six (6) credit hours remaining after the award date (after December 30)
- Achieved a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.5 (out of 4.0) or 4.5 (out of 5.0) based on the most recently completed 24 credit hours
- Have not been awarded any AHIMA Foundation scholarship for the academic degree being sought through this application
- Submit a completed online application and all its components
Provide Greater Financial Security
Health data is a vital element of health care, including efforts to curb the pandemic.
By doing their jobs effectively, health Information professionals, enable providers more time to focus on patient care. Health Information professionals are making a tremendous difference as our world tries to curb COVID-19.